Last year, our fundraising community raised over $10.8 million to benefit The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF). Through inventive do-it-yourself events, high-energy endurance challenges and new and returning Foundation-hosted community fundraisers, our incredible peer-to-peer fundraisers raised the bar once again.
So, how did they generate over $10.8 million in one year? Let’s look at some 2022 highlights.
- $7,243,858 raised by participants in the Do-It-Yourself Series, including over $25,000 raised through 17 Portion of Proceeds (PoP) fundraisers.
- $1,570,097 raised by runners and walkers in the Endurance Program.
- $1,387,129 raised by participants in the Run/Walk Series.
- $630,863 raised by cyclists in the Virtual Tour de Fox.
- Over $10 million cumulatively fundraised by the New England Parkinson’s Ride (NEPR) at their 15th anniversary ride.
- Two fundraisers – NEPR and Eagle Bridge Foundation – celebrated their 15-year fundraising milestone.
- Six fundraisers – West Virginia Fox Trot, Kober's for the Cure, Putt for Parkinson’s, Bill Bucklew, Team Fox Adirondacks and Bay Area Young Professionals – celebrated the 10-year fundraising milestone.
- 2,194.3 miles hiked on the Appalachian Trail in 6 months by Sue and Gretja Otten.
- 1,592 miles rowed in one day by Row to Slow Parkinson’s.
- 208-mile relay race run by 12 athletes living with Parkinson’s in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and North Carolina.
Fueled by the unparalleled dedication and creativity of our Team Fox community, we’re looking to make an even greater impact in 2023. We can’t wait to dig in alongside each of you to explore new opportunities, grow your events and expand our reach even further in support of critical Parkinson’s research. There's no better time to join hundreds of members who have already committed to Team Fox in 2023. Learn more and get involved today.