Your career at The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) can help speed a cure for Parkinson's disease. MJFF is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on a diverse staff and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How We Work: A Message from Michael J. Fox
Since opening our doors, our Foundation has brought a distinct sense of urgency and efficiency to the Parkinson's research landscape. We're always challenging how we can advance research better and faster. Our people are determined, collaborative and smart. I hope this also describes you. Thanks for your interest in working at The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) and helping us end Parkinson's disease (PD).
What We Bring to Our Work
Similar to our community, we are impatient for change. We work to deliver results each year through our high-risk, high-reward business model and focused research agenda, which drives the most promising research from bench to bedside.
Our resources, whether donor dollars or industry collaborations, are used wisely to optimize priority projects. We tackle challenges along the way with nimbleness and creativity to make seismic impacts.
Leading by example is key. We demonstrate our core values in our daily work and hold ourselves accountable to the entire PD community.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation offers a dynamic team environment and seeks intelligent, driven and innovative individuals committed to finding a cure for Parkinson's. Our benefits take effect the first of the month following date of hire, with the exception of our 401(k) plan. The 401(k) Plan is effective the first of the month following three months of employment. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- medical coverage
- dental coverage
- vision coverage
- life insurance
- short and long term disability coverage
- critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance
- 401(k) plan with 6 percent company contribution
- flexible spending accounts
- commuter benefits
- employee discount program
- 18 days paid time off (PTO), 12 sick days
- summer Fridays
- summer holiday week
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on a diverse staff and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Employee Resource Groups at the Foundation
The Michael J. Fox Foundation offers a roster of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to new and current staff members. The 4 employee-led, voluntary groups help foster a supportive and inclusive working environment for employees. Each group provides space for individuals from specific interest groups to share perspectives and/or develop programs that support career development.
- A Place For Us creates an open environment for discussion and change among individuals who identify as a Person of Color.
- Pride Fox builds a safe, inclusive space that affirms LGBTQ+ folks within MJFF and the broader PD community. The group brings visibility to LGBTQ+ voices, being a source of education to others and highlighting the intersecting identities within the LGBTQ+ community.
- WERC – Women’s Employee Resource Community cultivates an environment that encourages women through mentorship, networking and discussion. The group is developing programming to support women at different stages of career/life.
- AAAPI-ERG - Asian and Asian American & Pacific Islander Employee Resource Group promotes a space to raise awareness of and have conversation about AAAPI culture and issues.
The ERGs contribute to advancing the Foundation’s culture, creating value for all staff and ultimately our mission. Learn more about career opportunities with The Michael J. Fox Foundation.